Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

My last day...


Yesterday was my last day of Christmas vacation with my kids before I started back to work. I tried to spend the day relaxing, although I did have to do the basic stuff...laundry, cooking etc.


But the majority of the time I WASTED my time. I didn't even put away my Christmas stuff (gasp!). I played on the computer; I read a great book and cried when the hero got hurt. I watched a tv show marathon of "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and cried over that poor pregnant teenager. And I spent a lot of time with MY kids.


We decided to have a "breakfast" dinner of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Kacy helped me flip the pancakes and Caiti made the eggs and bacon. Then I let the girls have a rainy day picnic (read as: eat on a blanket on the floor of the living room). I caught a picture of them watching "Kung Fu Panda" together before bed. I love that they were so sweet together on my last day home. I've always wanted my kids to love each other and to realize that love before they are adults. I have 2 sisters and I know how easy it is to fight with your siblings, but why wait until you grow up to understand that your family is really the most important thing in your life? How sad is it when you grow up and realize you missed all that time you could have been having fun with your family? I am so glad my girls had at least this moment to be together without bothering each other and just relaxing together. I hope and pray that I can look forward to lots more moments like this during the coming year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment